Pump Performance Monitoring
Permanent Pump Performance Monitoring
We represent Robertson Technology Pvt Ltd, Australia in this region on pump performance testing service and permanent pump monitoring equipment.
MicroPM is a Continuous Pump Performance Monitoring System for Water Utilities manufactured by Robertson Technology utilising the thermodynamic principle.
The basis of the technology is the measurement of the differential fluid temperature across each pump to an accuracy of better than one-thousandth of a degree, with long term stability. This information, together with the differential pressure across the pump, enables the pump efficiency to be calculated, from the change in enthalpy. The power supplied to the pump is also known, and the combination of pump efficiency, total head, and pump input power provides accurate flow rates.
1. Real-time data for the operating points of every pump
– Select pump combinations which operate close to their Best Efficiency Point (BEP), and within the Preferred Operating Range (POR)
2. Rapid identification of pump system problems, under all operational conditions
– Without continuous condition monitoring, problems such as excessive wear, operation outside the POR, cavitation, and air entrainment, can go unnoticed for many months or years
3. Preferentially operate the most efficient pumps
– In a pump station, there is usually a spread of several % in pump efficiency, from one pump to another. The accurate efficiency measurements enable preferential selection of the most efficient pumps
4. Performance-based maintenance – Payback times for refurbishment easily calculated
5. Readily interfaced with PLC / SCADA and/or HMI – expert firmware is included within the MicroPM, so SCADA development and maintenance costs are low
6. Flow meters for each pump, with low uncertainty
– Calibration of sensors can be checked on-site
– True mass flow rate, independent of velocity profile, pipe configurations, build-up, cavitation, and air entrainment
– Lower cost than alternatives for retrofitting to existing pump stations
– Low construction and pipework costs for new pump stations
– Volume flow rate calculated automatically
7. An essential component of pump control systems